Frequently Asked Questions
- Cars & Vans minimum age 25 – maximum age 75. Must have held licence for 2 years.
- 7.5 tonne Box Vans minimum age 25 – maximum age 75. Driver must have held a C1 licence for 2 years.
- Minibuses minimum age 25. Maximum age 75. Driver must have held a D1 licence for 2 years.
- A current full driving licence must be produced by all hirers at the commencement of each and every hire.
- Hirers aged 25 and over must have held their licence for 2 years and endorsed licences will be individually considered.
- Minibus Hirers must be aged 25 or over and have held a category D1 UK licence for 2 or more years.
- Hirers must also produce a licence check code which can be generated at www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Each driver wishing to be insured must produce the following forms of identification:
- Recent utility bill i.e – council tax, gas bill, etc (within the last 3 months)
- Photo card driving licence / Old style paper licence
- Passport (If old style paper licence held)
- National Insurance Number / Driving Licence Check code
The deposit varies according to the type of vehicle hired and the hirers age, occupation and licence endorsements.
Standard Deposits are as follows:
Cars & Vans – £200.00
Trucks & Minibuses – £500.00
The Hirer is fully covered on insurance. Payment of the insurance reduces the Hirers loss damage liability to the excess shown on the Rental Agreement. The excess varies according to the type of vehicle hired and the hirers age, occupation and licence endorsements. The loss damage liability includes damage, loss or theft to the vehicle or its accessories during the rental period, including damage to the windscreen. Overhead damage on all vans, damage to tyres, wheel trims and upholstery are not covered by the insurance, the hirer being liable for the full cost of repair.
- Cars & Vans – £750.00
- Trucks – £1000.00
- Minibuses – £1500.00
Please note that all bookings for bank holidays must be made via our office.
Additional drivers can be insured for a very small daily charge. Full driving licence and identification as above are required.
All accidents must be reported within 30 minutes of occurring to the emergency contact number given on collection & an accident report form will need to be completed.
For a very small payment you can waive in full your excess liability for damage caused to the windscreen during your hire.
Payment must be made in full by card before the commencement of the hire period, unless an approved account has been opened with us. All major Credit & Debit cards are accepted.
For advanced bookings a minimum prepayment of £50.00 is required. Lutons and Minibuses £100. Vehicles may be pre-booked with a credit, debit or switch card by telephone. A cancellation fee will apply for bookings cancelled at late notice.
Extension Of Hire
If you wish to extend your hire, arrangements must be made prior to expiry of the current agreement and an additional payment made to enable the insurance cover to be extended.
Availability Of Vehicles
In the event of the reserved model being unavailable, an alternative vehicle from the same or higher group may be supplied. The rate for the model originally reserved will be charged providing the booking fee has been paid.
The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of fuel, a fuel deposit will be taken and a refuelling charge will be made if the vehicle is not returned full.
The Hirer is responsible for checking water, oil levels and tyre pressures daily.
In the unlikely event of a breakdown all vehicles are covered by Roadside Recovery and Home Start services.
All vehicles booked are subject to a 72 hour cancellation policy. If a vehicle is cancelled within 72 hours of the collection time then full charge of the hire will be billed to the hirer if the vehicle is not re-hired.